Welcome to My Online Journal

What is the purpose of this blog? This is a place for me to express my ideas, thoughts and dreams...Lillymagic Designs, family, love, self, book, quotes, receipes, handbags, fashion or whatever else comes to mind...join me on my journey and be blessed on yours.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Project 5

This project was inspired by the photos I showed previously. Additionally, with a trip to the mall recently I noticed sweatshirts painted with hearts and cut up. They were cute, but decidedly a bit too young for me.

I searched for a white shirt to use for this project, but didn't find on to my liking. I decided to go for black instead. I debated about using iron-on crystals, but was not sure to how well they hold up with washing. I found this sparkly sheer black fabric and decided an applique was the way to go. Unfortunately, the picture does not show up as well as I would like.

The total project cost was a little over twenty dollars. The fabric for the applique was normally three dollars a yard. The store has a half yard minimum, but I took the whole piece that was already cut (1and 1/2 yards) for three dollars. There is plenty of fabric for another project.

No comments:

Post a Comment